Luxury Metal Door Skin, China Steel Door Sheet
A steel door sheet is a flat panel of steel, typically used as the primary component in the construction of steel doors. These doors are known for their strength, durability, and security features, making them a popular choice for both residential and commercial applications. Steel door sheets can be made from various types of steel, such as mild steel, stainless steel, or galvanized steel, depending on the desired properties and appearance.
Here are some general characteristics and considerations when using a steel door sheet:
- Thickness: Steel door sheets come in various thicknesses, typically ranging from 22-gauge (0.5mm) to 14-gauge (1.5mm). Thicker sheets provide greater strength and durability, but they can also be more challenging to work with and may require more powerful tools for cutting and shaping.
- Material: The type of steel used in the door sheet will affect its properties and appearance. Mild steel is a cost-effective option but is more susceptible to corrosion than stainless steel or galvanized steel. Stainless steel offers better corrosion resistance and a sleek appearance, while galvanized steel is coated with a layer of zinc to protect it from rust.
- Size: Steel door sheets are available in various sizes to accommodate different door dimensions. Standard sizes include 36″ x 80″ (91.44 cm x 203.2 cm) for residential doors and 36″ x 84″ (91.44 cm x 213.36 cm) for commercial doors. Custom sizes can also be ordered or cut to fit specific door openings.
- Finishing: Steel door sheets can be finished with paint, powder coating, or clear coat to enhance their appearance and protect them from corrosion. These finishes can be applied in a wide range of colors and textures to suit different styles and preferences.
- Fabrication: Steel door sheets can be cut, punched, and bent using various fabrication methods, such as laser cutting, plasma cutting, or press braking. This allows for the creation of custom door designs, including the addition of windows, vents, or decorative elements.
- Insulation: To improve the thermal performance of steel doors, steel door sheets can be combined with insulating materials, such as foam or mineral wool, to create an insulated core. This can help reduce heat transfer and improve energy efficiency.
- Security: Steel door sheets provide a strong and secure barrier against forced entry. Additional security features, such as reinforced frames, multi-point locking systems, and anti-tampering hardware, can be added to further enhance the door’s security.
Sheet material: Cold rolled sheet, Galvanized sheet, Zinc alloy sheet, Wood grain sheet, prepainted steel sheet
Sheet thickness: 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.8mm, 0.9mm, 1.0mm, 1.2mm, 1.5mm
Sheet width: 600mm, 625mm, 750mm,900mm, 975mm,1000mm, 1250mm
Sheet length: 1800mm, 2000mm, 2015mm, 2050mm, 2100mm, 2200mm, 2300mm